The Gardens - In the Beginning

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Headache List

Woke up with headache this morning...use to happen frequently...now days a little less often.  Tension, I guess, that's what I'm told, although most of time they creep into my head, I don't feel that tense at all.  Quick bank trip before noon closing...and (never should happen when I am headache possessed) a not so quick stop at Publix's Groceries.  What do I buy when I have pain between my ears?  Usually stuff that is totally crap, but decided this time to be loving to myself and give my senses a sort of treat.  This approach will hopefully semi-avoid me feeling extreme guilty and totally fat bound after I have stuffed all that junk into my mouth.  Today's shopping list when my headache is only a throb away:

Pineapple Upside Down Cake filled with Whipped Cream
Ate this with cup of coffee before dinner cause I can eat whatever I want
whenever I want - not a bad choice for totally non-nutritional.
Edy's Orange and Cream Fruit Bars
Just love these things.
Ground Sirloin
Filet Mignon
Best melt-in-your-mouth beef for least fat, so my treat here and there.
Plucots
Looooove these.
New Zealand Kiwi
Long time no eat, so need to re-introduce myself to flavor.
Fresh Raspberries
Already plopped one in mouth and slightly tart, so will dust with powdered sugar.
Purple Muscadine Grapes
Extremely big suckers with just a grapey flavor.
Scuppernong Muscadine Grapes
Like Muscats dad used to grow when I was a child and pigged out on them.
Just discovered muscadines are the squeeze out of skin into you mouth type
of grape, cause if you can eat the skins on these things, there is something
seriously unnatural with your teeth. 
Nonni's Biscotti Crunchy Almond Dipped in Bittersweet Chocolate
Can't wait for the gingerbread ones around end of year holidays - to die for.
Harvest Song Apricot Preserve from Ararat Valley, Armenia
Will open this later to see if it was a good choice or blunder
Kettle Brand Krinkle Cut Salt and Pepper Potato Chips
Mmmmmm...not so blasted hot as the unkrinkled kind.
Il Villaggio Gourmet Mozzarella
Looks too creamy and smooth, and a new try for an omelet.
Baby Bella Mushrooms
Omelet fixins.
Organic Baby Spinach Blend with Arugula and Radicchio
Last of the omelet fixins.
Wide Size Pet Food Can Covers
One can never have too many of these.

Dinner tonight is a rarity for me...I'm actually going to create something fabulous for myself.  A REAL omelet with three eggs (and yes, with yokes) - large pinch of dried thyme leaves - a little cracked black pepper, folded over a buttery filling of sauted baby spinach -arugula - radicchio - eighth cut wedges baby bellas, with thin sliced mozzarella, and slices of plucot fanned out to the side of it all.  An orgy for the senses...my most favorite kinds of meals.




Drats to the rest of evening...drats to having all that wash of curtains and drapes, to hurry up and cover up those crystal clear windows my home just received, as I'm beginning to feel like a guppy in a fish tank.  My goal is to climb into bed before the next sunrise...wish me luck. 

1 comment:

  1. You got a great blog here! I hope that headache has long since disappeared for you. I get them too! Eeek!!! May just have to follow you!

    Cheers Tracy
    www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...