The Gardens - In the Beginning

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not Grandma's Gingerbread







Mmmmmm...warm Ginger Apple Upside Down Cake and slightly sweetened rich whipped cream.  Nothing better on a crisp snowy Christmas day.  Food for the gods, a dessert to die for, an epicurean delight...if you are a lover of real ginger and all the decadence of richness that is the essence of this beauty, please check out this link Seattlest + Macrina = True love and ginger cake for a taste of legal ecstasy.  My company and I finished a Christmas dinner of Veal Marsala, Asparagus with Prosciutto, and Italian Potato Salad with this heavenly cake and the candlelight room was filled with passionate moans and groans of taste bud delights.  I've been informed that this type of meal will be expected more often from me :( 

4 comments:

  1. It DOES LOOK DIVINE!!!!!!!!!! And I am thinking that I would like your recipe for asparagus with prosciutto not too mention the Italian Potato Salad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There would have been a lot more pictures but alas...it was too good to wait! I can totally vouch though that it was AMAZING! Mom, you still got it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...