The Gardens - In the Beginning

Friday, March 2, 2012

Seventy-Two minus Ten plus Three

Please leave your complaints in your head...

  • Why did the perfect band-aid evolve into a hardly ever stick kind of band-aid, and now to a melt on your skin type of band-aid that's impossible to peel off?

  • Why does the History Channel have Pawn Stars, Cajun Pawn Stars, Hairy Bikers, Swamp People killing alligators over and over and over, Ice Road Truckers trying to out do each other for more money, more money, and Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy and his must see Mutant All-Beef Road Trip, SuperPig, and Larry Cuts the Cheese?

  • Why did my $50 super duper steel garlic press from Germany have a sticker on it saying Made in China?

  • Why does my pair of knee-hi's look like this in less than a week?


  • Why does "I'll be back in a few minutes" mean 5 to 10 minutes to me, and 60 to 300 minutes to my husband?

  • Why does my barking Jack Russel Rat Terrier bounce up and down at our front door when a doorbell is ringing on the television?

That felt sooooo good...b--ching, I mean, complaining.


Sometimes another year in the age department hits you like a...


especially when one is seventy-two minus ten plus three.


This time Ms. Nature plans to give me a kick in the caboose...


she's throwing an electrical bash...ain't she so nice.


It's just... 


and


and 
a day dodging storms on the highways and byways
in search of the perfect hunk of rock
to perch the mother of all gargoyles upon
as surveyor of all that is with the force
at Little Fourth Acre Gardens.


It's my day...hooray, hoorah, hohum, humbug...







12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We're soul mates of the holey socks! Checked out your blog...my husband was born in Oklahoma, haha. I kid him about it all the time.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Yvonne!! Admittedly, I feel about mine the way your last line showed you felt about yours. And my husband is the same way about a "few minutes." He is also that way about a "few dollars," unfortunately. Every time his carelessness and lack of attention ruins something in the house. Funny that it is never anything of his that is ruined. And funny that his "few dollars" could be anywhere from $1.00 to a couple of hundred dollars. And that he doesn't realize it adds up to more than we can afford. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday is today for me, so your nice greeting isn't late. Hard sometimes to get husbands and budgets to work together. I'm not real strict, but we do have to keep reminding ourselves that we need to save more money, more money. I always love hearing from you :)

      Delete
  3. All good questions...let me know if you get any answers. My daughter has a dog just like yours and whe IS indeed a piece of work! LOL! Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never have any answers, LOL. I'm really a cat person at heart, but Dustin is the perfect dog, almost ;) and I love him dearly.

      Delete
  4. Aw, happy birthday! Hope you have a fun time in spite of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristy. I always have a fun time in spite of myself, LOL.

      Delete
  5. Happy belated birthday - great blog! Coming from your link on Best Posts of the Week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!
    I always say there is time and than there's man time. In man time, 1 minute is equal to 1 hour regular time.
    I totally agree with the History Channel. I loved that channel and now look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Clipped!
    Loved the questions.
    Ever realize the passenger side windshield of your car occupied by your spouse makes things ahead appear closer than they are...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, wishing you the happiest of days and the best year of your life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...