Saturday, November 2, 2013

Garden of Milk and Honey


All Aboard!
Off to see the colors of autumn
 in the countryside
two weeks ago


All cozy after playing musical seats
 for the best window view


I can now boast that I've regrettably viewed the seamier side of Chattanooga for nearly half the trip to escape it.  



Turnabout at the tiny town of Summerville
where NOTHING'S happening...
absolutely nothing.


Autumn leaves in all their glory
seem to be a week down the road..
pooh!


BUT


Today autumn is coming and going on the wings of angels in my garden.












dogwood


saffron crocus






paten asters


Funnel spider web with rain drops






























dogwood


one lonely fall blooming flower


bellflower


northern oak





garden of milk and honey
aging towards winter rest

your squirrels busy themselves
hiding a bounty of hickory's
from all the neighboring trees
heisting fat sunflower hearts
off of the old deck railing
from the mouths of hungry birds

leaf litter softly crunches
two wrens in heated pursuit
of hiding crickets and moths

honeybees on their last quest
among lavender crocus
heavy with golden pollen

mockingbird waits by feeder
among the baring branches

the old cedar by the street
harbors the cardinals roost

dog with man walks briskly by
a glance at dying gardens
all he allows himself to see
as crisp air speeds them along

pale yellow, soft tangerine,
lush orange, and crimson leaves,
drop soft like phantom raindrops
to blanket the ground in warmth
for the cold that lies ahead

we huddle on concrete bench
with woolen coats buttoned tight
stubbornly holding onto
that last ray of cold sunlight

yearning souls quietly hushed
no sadness, no tears to shed
this end the new beginning
preparing this ancient earth
for her new awakening
on the tail end of next March

garden of hope and triumph
garden of loss and rebirth
garden of milk and honey
goodnight
sleep tight
and
sweet dreams




Vic's birthday celebration
a month ago



4 comments:

  1. Did Vic leave for overseas yet? Or has he come back for a vacation? Love seeing your yard pics. Really beautiful and I so love the natural wildness of it. I wish my yard was half as pretty. I'd just have enjoyed the train ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy the train trip (I love trains), and the lunch was better than expected. Vic's company is waiting on all the visa's to be approved.

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for linking in this weekend...I always love to find time to visit those who play along with my little party. It doesn't seem that I get around often enough...but I do try when I can! we got a HUGE dump of snow here yesterday and I am hating it already after the first few hours!!! I can't hardly wait for spring to come...It will be so nice to play outside again for a few months!
    Your post today is fun...thanks for taking us along!
    I shared this post on the Tootsie Time facebook page
    I hope you will link in again every week!

    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

    --
    www.tootsietime.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over because of the amazingly thoughtful post you left for Sherry on Crimson Leaves. I was not disappointed. This post is full of stuff to feed the eye and the heart.
    The poem's final verse is perfect for me right now and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...