Friday, July 10, 2020

My heart is broken...


Zoe died before sunrise
 Thursday morning.
She passed away in my arms
at the emergency clinic.
She was so precious...
my little sweetheart.
When I think of her I cry,
and then I cry some more.



Saturday ~ There's a sadness that hangs in the air in this household.  Austin always napped near Zoe; now he's on his own, lost and sad.  Lacey's grief stricken, depressed and refusing to eat.  Yesterday evening I tempted her with a can of tuna fish, of which she ate about one third, but she's still refusing any of her medication.   I've slept without a little black Persian stretched out beside me these last two nights, and the memories are so painful.  Grief is a heavy weight wrapped around my heart...I miss her so much.



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, so very sorry to read this, it breaks one's heart.
    Godspeed over to that Rainbow Bridge sweet Zoe, you will be so missed.
    Hugs sweet friend.
    My boy is not doing well, refuses to eat, we are doing the best we can for him. Thank you for asking.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Yvonne, when I read your comment on my blog I came straight here so I might know what happened to that beautiful girl. It doesn’t help to say vI know just how that feels, but I do. My pretty Mary Louise did the same thing one morning . Oh it hurts your heart. It leaves a big empty spot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...