Sunday, March 16, 2014

When life hurts




My heart's in a thousand pieces...
I keep waiting for him to come into view
from the hallway,
yowling,
 with that worn out felt mouse clutched between his teeth;
dropping it onto the floor
as he makes his way over to me to be petted.
His eighteenth birthday a month away; 
we thought he was on his way to recovery,
but his little body gave up, 
and my sweet Andee died last Wednesday.





My life's full of tears...




Last Thursday...
A text from my brother-in-law...
a phone call to my sister...
she's by mom's side as she lies dying
from a life long lived.

*

Debbie called me this afternoon to let me know
mom
 died.
I don't know how much more I can cry
before
I just melt away.
Life's very sad right now.





4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for both of your losses. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you and your family for both of your losses. Although I have no words that can ease your sorrow, I do know that tears help. Let the healing tears flow. And my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey...I am so very sorry for both of your losses. My heart and prayers go out to you and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am sooo sorry for your losses. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take some time off for yourself to grieve and try to adjust.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...