Friday, August 27, 2010

Importance of being Important

Appointment this morning to once again thump my body back into the shape it was meant to be, but over short periods of time forgets.  Doc D (chiropractor) asked me what I was having done to my home after I informed Doc D I had not been in earlier due to house repairs.

I elaborated on having sliding door and all windows replaced...how it wasn't cheap...how I loved lots of light and one could never have too many windows...how contractors build houses like nothing will ever need replacing...my window crew having to tape front windows and smash them to smithereens to twist out the frames, due to placement of brick.

Doc D said he knew exactly what I was talking about...as he also loved lots of light and lots of windows...had a huge bay window, all three panels towering from floor to high ceiling...house built in 1905...all windows made on sight when house was constructed, so no two windows were the same dimensions...each of the 48 replacement windows in his home had to be specially ordered.

I think the conversation kind of went nowhere after that, as my brain had a head on collision with that number 48.  I couldn't even fathom how large a place had to be to hold all that glass...the words poor, failure, peon, nobody, so out-of-my-league eating at my brain...me and my minuscule shack of !!!7!!! windows.

So its back to talking dogs on visits to Doc D, cause even though Doc D's dog is "Gary Cooper", I can match that one by adding to Dustin dog the last name of "Hoffman".  So there...nah, nah, nah nah nah. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...