Saturday, September 17, 2011

Never tell a perfectionist her blog is about to make your head implode.

I've been given the Liebster Blog Award...


I think.


I was informed in a comment that I should know that I was accidentally given the award...


Oooookay.

Part of the comment also stipulated that admittedly it came with a small amount of possibly rude-critique.


You've got to be kidding...


An accidental award with a dose of punishment.



I was told to do with it what I will.



I can't...

He lives too far away.



Being 100% in the curiosity department...I bite.

Internet readers are a lazy lot, he pads the way.







My thoughts are presented in massive blocks of words



that sends readers screaming for their lives and abandoning my posts.




He's done it himself,



but being the brave soul he is, he has forced himself to confront those massive skyscraper blocks of words and found them worthwhile...really worth the effort.



So there...an award with a good scolding attached.

He says he swims against the tides.  I need a starving shark in there with him.



Besides being drunk, or so he later claims...he does have a point, my bad good buddy in that United Kingdom; but chewing me out, then suggesting that his readers do try not to be put off and give me a try - I'm really trying to be that proper lady he sugary says I am...I really am.


Being that manic obsessive perfectionist I sometimes become in my most illogical sometimes imperfect ways, I do what any perfect person accused of imperfection must do to save my tormentor friend from bonking his forehead a dozen times or more on his desktop while groaning bloody murder every time he opens up one of my posts...I catapult into fix-it-up mode.

I try to bail out of the situation, but I can't help myself.  I'm driven on a quest to melt all those massive globs of words into tender bite-size paragraphs that graze the eyes with kindness.



I can't tell you how many excruciating hours it actually took me to review all one hundred and one posts, because I slept through some parts of the fixing-it-up.



I nodded off into never-never land so many times after midnight that I'm now suffering a slight case of whiplash.  Maybe, I should preview all those posts just to be sure what's really there now is what I intended to be there...ummmmmmm...well...maybe in my next lifetime.



I'm linking up to my dubious benefactor, as I've been instructed.  He's really worth the effort to check out sometimes, he really is, lol.  I do love Glen's Life quite a bit.


I'm passing this Liebster Blog Award on to Ruth over at Welcome to Me, a lady whose blog never sends me screaming for my life, abandoning her posts.  She's a bit poetic in her prose, always entertaining, and she possesses the knack of making anything interesting.  So if anyone hasn't run away, and is still reading this post, please give her a visit and comment.  I do think Ruth is definitely an extra special blogger. 


8 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic post, I just loved it LOL
    and Congratulations on the award :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness - how crappy am I feeling?/ You ARE a lady - a proper one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr! (That's for Glen).

    You carry on blogging my friend, we're with you!

    And, in answer to your question about the wooden structures on the beach pictures . . . YES, they are the "groynes" I mentioned (but misspelt on my blog! Oops!. They are to prevent the shingle being taken away by the tides.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly got a rise out of Glen with this one! LOLOL I must say that I am quite the anal perfectionist myself. Take heart. There are more than one of us in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how sweet are you? You definitely deserve this award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you deserve the award and many, many more. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that Glen, he's a ribber. You are a lovely lady, and your blog is like visiting a garden every time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...