Friday, December 2, 2011

Take me to Memphis...



In line
behind me,
what the!...
glamour girl
on each arm,
Elvis...
wait -
that getup,
you've got
to be
kidding!


Ummmmm...
Elvis
touring Elvis.
go figure...!
no one cares -
no one freakin' cares
that
Elvis
is amongst us,
no one...
sad
so sad,

even this cool idiot
raises no eyebrows.

That's alright,
baby.
Uhh huhh!!








 














Lisa Marie...simply elegant...rich people stuff.

Kind of liked this mod Lear jet so much better...its vinyl interior just a bit tacky.

We're an artsy duo...so off to the Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art at Peabody Place...simply stated...worth the entire trip.  If one is into Chinese art of lavishly and painstakingly carved jades, ivories, sculptures, paintings, ceramics, lacquer, textiles and fumerary, then this paradise will be heaven for you, as it was for us.

Next, the Brooks Museum of Art and their special exhibition which met with husband's hands down approval...Armed + Dangerous: Art of the Arsenal, about armaments for offensive and defensive; exploring evolution, function, and craft of weaponry and armor across time and continents.  The artistry craftsmen put into their creations in younger times was amazing...pure beauties of destruction.

So, here I am alone...at my computer screen...with a cup of strong coffee; cause, I have a lovely headache from THE JOB...a place of lies under newer lies under newest lies.  Frosty and foggy times have set in, although I think this weekend will be in the toasty 50's.  Eleven days this time with my sweetie...now the countdown's on for his next adventure home...just 164 days away...WHOOpeeeee.


There's a hole in my heart that will remain until we meet again.
Love you, sweet cheeks.


4 comments:

  1. So glad to know you two had such a wonderful vacation! I toured Graceland many years ago with my girls' dad who was from West Memphis. An easy skip over the river from his family home. I thought it was really beautiful, though not necessarily my taste. The room that still stands out to me was the room with the pool table in it. I just loved the fabric covered walls. I wish your husband was able to get home more frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry. Husband and I love to play tourist. That pool room was pretty amazing. Graceland's style isn't my cup-of-tea either, but the tour turned out to be a hundred times better than I had anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you go to spend time with your beloved! If you ever make it back to Memphis, the best museum in my opinion is Stax Museum of American Soul Music. It was fabulous fun and will bring back memories of music they just do not make anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...