Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Comings and Goings of a Ditzy Gardener




If...if...if......  
If I could spend a day
any day
half a day
three
two
just one simple little hour
of a day
and 
pretend
I never had to work for my room and board
ever, ever again
and 
everything in my life was easy, easy, easy...
x
x
xxx




Lately
 I've been coming and going 
and
 meeting myself quite often




Two seconds
 after
 I'm supposed to remember
 the thing
I can't remember
I was supposed to remember
'cause
something else
 was much more important
 for just long enough
for me to forget 
what I didn't want to forget...




Maybe...
I could become a cat
rolling around in the musty flowers
and
sneaking up onto a buzz buzz buzzing
cicada
for a tasty little treat




Or
maybe...
a yippy yappy puppie
chasing squirrels and rabbits
round and round
and 
lapping up water from poopie birdbaths
and
rolling about 
in
dusty leaf litter
with
 a
 delicious
moldy
bone
in my mouth




Maybe...
just maybe -
I could find 
a tear in the fabric of life
that I could crawl through
and 
disappear
back into my childhood
before
I had to worry, worry, worry...

oh!
that's right -
high school again...
UCK!




yes
Yes
YES
!
a
plump
 green black caterpillar
changing
into
a
most
glorious
butterfly
floating through the still air
up
Up
UP


then


eaten
 by
 a 
BAD
Bad
bad
bird

poor
poor
butterfly
x
x
xxx


poor
poor
me

no
butterfly
I'll
be




I guess I'll just have to be me
>^..^<




old
older
forgetful
frazzled
crisp fried
green tomato brain
me




with
THE JOB 
that has ripped open at its seams
and given birth to two jobs in one

why me
why me
why me
?

why not
why not
why not
?




and
THE GARDENS
that have given me
more
fuzzballs than I can handle -

no one wants one,
 no place has room...
I'm in a funk
on what their future will be...
*
*
*
very 
bleak
*
*
*
me
thinks
*
*
*
and 
my
heart 
will
be
broken
once
again












A fourth one exists
but
he
 is
shy
shy
shy
...


BUT

I kept
one.
The 
first that appeared
when I thought he was all there would be.
Lucky him...
silly me.










Vet Visit








What will be -
will be...



5 comments:

  1. Oh I do love that photo of your newest kitten (what is his name? Lucky?) with your dog! I would have had a hard time resisting myself. And what the heck are those two ugly bugs (on your sidebar) doing together? Is it what it looks like? If you, your sense of humor is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The never ending cycle of cicadas...not much you can do but live with them :) Takes me forever to name a pet, and right now I'm more worried about the mother getting pregnant again and eventually having to take them all to metro animal control if I can't find them homes in the near future. Life's sometimes a bitch.

      Delete
  2. I have said that 'in my next life' I am going to come back as a furry, white kitty and sit on a chair in front of a sunny window and watch the birds. LOVE all of the kittys. I remember a song my mom liked, lyrics 'que sera sera' ....what ever will be will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't keep them forever, so if you're into praying, say a little prayer for them because that's about all they have going for them. Personally, I would never come back as a cat unless I was guaranteed a good home, and I don't think a next life comes with any guarantees :(

      Delete
  3. Properly cute - properly you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...