Monday, April 1, 2019

April Fools

Welcome to wildlife gardening; where the only things wild in my wilderness surrounded by acres upon acres upon acres of urban sprawl seems to be songbirds, the birds that eat the songbirds, cats cats cats, and the wild woolly wind blowing through my hair.  I would shed a tear, but it is what it is, and a whimper changes nothing.

Finishing my photo session this morning was short lived as being in the gardens today is akin to camping out in my frosty refrigerator with just a blanket of filmy saran wrap to comfort me, and praying someone hurries up and opens that dang door to let the warmer air rush in.  I finally was driven, surrounded by too much sunshiny chill, to make a hasty retreat to that man-made warmth I crave so much when the temps are below 60 degrees.

The gardens have awakened from winter rest, and while the first blooms make one’s heart exuberant, the first weeds on a rush to win the Spring Madness Marathon make one’s body cry bloody murder at all that weeding mayhem that will last until winter is again upon us.  Please remind me again why I thought all those years ago this was such a grand idea; this idea that would eventually be the beginning of my achy breaky body downfall :’(




Little Beauty Tulip - the only tulip that comes back every year in the garden






Fothergilla






Clusiana Tulip with it's grape center - opening up on a sunny day








Closing up at end of day






Sometimes gardening's a slight headache


Non-native Bleeding Hearts




Golden Alexanders









Virginia Bluebells




Little Sweet Betsy Trillium
rescued from work
 when wildflower garden was removed for new visitor's center 









Jacob's Ladder






Celandine Poppy


Shooting Star




Native Dogwood in early stages of bloom before turning white at maturity






Spring Beauty growing among native Coral Bells
Flowers of Spring Beauty close up at night




Eastern Red Columbine









Fern and Moss Garden









Blueberries







Thank goodness we aren't human!

  >*-*<  cool kitties


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...