Sunday, June 7, 2020

If only I were a little more not my age ~







Baby cardinal quietly chirps in the dogwood tree as its parents flit here and there hunting spiders and insects.  A tiny frog hidden nearby calls twice and then no more.  The rabbits frequent the clematis patch more often than less, so it's almost a given they're tucked under that tangle of stems and leaves to escape this relentless heat of afternoon under a clear sky of burning sun.













I've been out there...earlier...watering twenty-five large planters and two raised beds.  In the heat of each morning, dragging that watering hose from planter to planter, I'm wondering why thirty years ago the thought that one day I would seriously contemplate blowing up all twenty-five plant repositories to bloody smithereens never ever entered my head.













Viewing my gardens through dust stained windows with wolf spider webs crisscrossing back and forth between glass and screen, the luxury of indoor coolness will be short lived.  I must venture reluctantly outdoors once again to stop my terrier from doing what all terriers do best...barking until the moon explodes or his cute little head falls off.  I don't think there's much chance of either happening.






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...