Thursday, February 3, 2022

Whenever I'm sad about me -



- I tell my inner being I am happy, and capable of taking care of myself.  I whisper it in the dark of night as I lay in my cozy bed with all my aches and pains of body and spirit reminding me of how my day really was.  Whether I believe it or not, no matter...the next morning finds me refreshed, ready to meet my new day.

The gardens are drooping under all the weight of the rain that is falling.  A windy day of 64 degrees F. that feels more like 54 degrees, a lovely night of 45 degrees, next a dreary day of off and on rain, then today...rain all day.

Tonight as it rains, the temperatures will begin to drop into the twenties, and that of course equals ice.  I have no fondness of ice ever since I broke my elbow on it, but at times it does provide the possibility of a myriad of photographic opportunities...if one has spiked shoes.  I just hibernate in my cozy arm chair.


- Catching Up -



Lacey has lost more weight, and last Saturday was squeezed into a time slot at her veterinarian.  She is now on an appetite stimulant, and her thyroid medication adjusted.  I was advised to try Churu to get her entire dose of medication lapped up, as to think of pilling Lacey physically is the stuff dreamers are made of.  She's better today, and scheduled for another checkup next week.




After heart and abdomen ultrasounds, and neurology and cardiology consults; Dustin's in stage B2 of Mitral Valve Disease of the heart.  He's on medication to prolong his quality of life.

He has signs that Cushing's disease and Crohn's disease could develop in his far future, but he is also in the earlier stages of kidney disease, so our concerns for a longer life of good quality lies with his heart and kidneys.

As to his episodes of posturing as if in pain but not in pain (we think)…no one could find the answer.  If it worsens to more than once a day perhaps a diagnoses will then be made; but until then, it’s something that happens sporadically that we have no control over.   We love him so much, but we know the path of his life isn’t always in our hands.



I felt I was at the gates of hell waiting to check in, while my dentist was removing five old crowns that fought to the death to stay put.  I don't think anyone ever gets that feeling they're floating in heaven while their sensations cry out that a jackhammer and rock crusher are working on their teeth?

Crusting has become a problem around the edges of the synthetic skin graph on the septum of my nose, which is hindering the healing process.  Prescription antibiotic ointment is now used along with the nasal saline rinses.

Ear and eye tests and a consult with a neurologist's:  his opinion is the tizanidine and Lyrica medications I'm on act as sedatives, and my brain is getting confused.  I take my medicines and then I stay awake when the medication is telling my brain I need to fall asleep.  The static that excruciatingly fills my head with confusion is my brain short circuiting.  I've had to work at taking fewer doses to prevent another occurrence.  It's easier said than done.


- The Gardens -


Wild species daffodils awaiting spring



It's tranquil sitting here with Dustin behind me looking at his world through the dusty front window.  I've been munching on my favorite of seed filed crackers slathered with almond butter and cherry preserves.  A hot cup of Irish breakfast tea makes it all go down quite well.

This morning, what sounded as calls of a hawk flying into the top branches of the tall ash tree, turned out to be a very clever blue jay.  I looked and looked, and there he was pecking away at the branch he had landed on.  I suppose its a ploy to clear the area of smaller species so the space is all his.

A small flock of blue jays followed, and perched in the branches of the blackhaw viburnum, pecking away at the wood they clutched.  I thought it odd, and have no explanation as to why they are acting as if they are woodpeckers. 

The rains have slowed down to light sprinkles, as a gentle stream of rain water meanders along the back stone pathway and around the corner to collect along the prairie patch walkway. 

I’ve tried to capture the beauty of thousands upon thousands of raindrops hanging underneath the branches of everything that is out there, but to no avail.  It’s a delight only my eyes take in as nature wonderfully captures the essences of magic in winter.


- A short Lull in the Rain -


Hibiscus moscheutos  Seed Pod


Just Junk


The last of the old persimmon tree and her copper iris orphans


Coral Berry


Christmas fern among friends


Euonymus americanus


Bubbles with my reflection


Near the rainwater garden


A pond has formed in the rainwater garden


The Mystery of the Foaming Tree
*
I had to research this one.
  As the water flows down the trunk of the tree,
channeled by the bark,
its surface tension is altered,
and that can create a foamy appearance.














Through the Bedroom Window


A grey squirrel with a fantastic coat of fluffy fur appears from behind the ash tree, and leaps up the furrowed trunk with claws holding tight as it flicks its head to and fro in what I imagine is a futile attempt to free itself of rain drops still falling.  He’s up the tree in two seconds flat, and out of sight.

A large rabbit appears from under the juniper shrub, and hops around the pathway bend to the prairie patch and out of sight.  As i gaze ahead, a lone mourning dove hunkering down on the top bar of the large trellis is silhouetted against the grey sky so forebodingly.   

The rains have picked up again.  I have a fondness for rain, although rain here is nothing like the rain of my childhood in the desert.  There it refreshed.  Here it really means business.






I’m taking a very short break (I hope) to give my body a rest from this unforgiving setup my bottom hates at our computer.  I’m in too much pain to continue.  My next post will be from my new laptop unless it figures out a way to temporarily defeat me.

I greatly appreciate all of you, my blogging friends.  You are a gift I cherish more than you may ever know.  Please take care, and stay well this month of the celebration of the existence of love.  We all need a little bit of sweet tender love.

31 comments:

  1. ...I hope that you will feel better soon. Perhaps this may make things look better, it's snowing here and it will be a high of 17F tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take good care and come back refreshed. Your new laptop sounds like just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, :=) Anxiety about your own pain and your pets, can cause you to have even more pain. I suffer like you do, and used to take Lyrica, but after a while it made me feel confused, eventually I could not count up to ten!! It does not suit everyone.

    You can lie down whilst you are on your blog with your new Laptop, that's better than sitting which turns into a nightmare, believe me I know, and sympathise. I also broke my elbow when I fell on an icy road.I was only 10 yrs old, and visiting friends in the UK.

    I loved all your nature pictures, and the foam images are wonderful, Looking out of your window and seeing wildlife is better than seeing a film,...it's also healing.
    Do rest, and come back stronger in mind and body. Wishing you all the very best.
    Hugs from Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always enjoy your visits. I'm probably a Lyrica person forever more as Gabapentin gives me hallucinations, and burning feet give me no sleep. I get a workout trying to stay positive.

      Delete
  4. I do hope Lacey, Dustin and you will all enjoy improved health in the coming few months! Your photos are marvelous, as always. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of you, of Dustin and Lacey first and foremost, and I want you to be as healthy as possible! ❤️
    The photos are great - I really like the ones where the water is ("foam" is very interesting)
    I wish you a beautiful month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic images! Wishing good health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Yvonne
    I am sorry you are in such pain, sending healing prayers for you, Lacey and Dustin. Love the furbaby photos and your garden and rain images. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you've had so many health problems to deal with. I hope you heal and feel much better soon. Love your photos and that precious Valentine. take care and rest! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your health and that of your pets. Your outdoor photos are very pretty!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best to you and your pets. Hope your health improves and you return refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your water scenes are lovingly captured and a joy to see. Wishing you and your pets healthy days ahead and an early Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such an eye for things. When my son was younger I took him to lots of activities and stayed in various parks and places and no matter how many times I had been there I tried to see something new. It can work.
    I hope you get a little relief soon. Modern medicine can work miracles but sometimes it takes a while getting there.
    I hate to see our pets suffer but you know we love them and try and do the best for them.
    Take care, I hope the ice storm leaves your power on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent images Yvonne, you have the eye for good things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the Blue Jays know that even though it is cold and wet, spring is very close. Take heart from their vitality and inbuilt optimism. I hope your pets can overcome their bad days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful captures all! Best wishes for speedy recovery from all the illnesses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The best for you and your pets.
    I hope your health improves and you come back rested.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful animals/pets!! i like your junk, it is quite photogenic!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear ~ sending you lots of distant reiki healing energy hug for you and your precious fur persons ~

    What a marvelous post filled with beautiful nature photography ~ so creative ~ Xo

    Wishing you love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you speedy recovery and good health. Hugs. Hope for better health for your pets too. Thanks for the beautiful images. Stay warm and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good grief, Yvonne. What a bunch of emotional and physical stuff you have on your plate these days. I am so sorry you are feeling pain and I hope it will ease soon. And I can even imagine the stress of having that many crowns removed...and concern about your pet-kids. It's such a heavy load and I hope you can recharge and find some peace to balance those stressful moments.

    A note on Churu. BEST THING EVER! I wouldn't be able to get a pill down Lizzie's throat if I tried. She gets a half of a hard pill, which I crush with my spoon and mix into half a tube of Churu, fridge the rest of it for the next dose. She not only loves it, she's taken to bugging me at Churu time (shortly before bed) until I give it to her. If you are doing a whole pill, you might want the whole tube -- fiddle till you can't see the powder anymore. They're about 4.50, I think for four. Maybe less and that's at the pet store. Sometimes hard to find and I think I will try Amazon, too. Good luck. (She's awfully cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Yvonne -- I so appreciate reading your diaries and streams of thought -- well, of course I don't *enjoy* that you are not feeling as well as could be hoped or that your pets are dealing with problems also. But I do admire your ability to share those facts-of-life without whining. And I do love your nature pictures (that foaming tree!) and that you take time to do the research about what you see. ... I know with that last "sitting" problem you mention that you don't really need more comments (or any as long as mine already are) but I sort of do wish I could comment every time you have your cool change-of-subject design. I always have something each time that I'd say if we were carrying on this conversation in real life. (Just to let you know I loved every portion of the post, not asking you to really do anything different at all -- except to feel better and get those meds under control. Take care, stay warm. Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish you’ll start feeling better and happier. The spring is on its way! It is so sad when the pets are sick and suffering. I wish all the best for them too. Our dear cat died last July, but now we have two young kittens. Your photos are beautiful & your text touching. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope Lacey, Dustin and you will be better soon. I have spiked shoes but don´t like winter. If I have a choice I´ll be hibernating in doors. Not always a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow thank you for showing me so amazing picktures

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love to have 54 degrees.... enjoyable temperature for me....

    # Hope, you are getting better soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Yvonne,
    your garden must be surrounded by critters in the most wonderful way. The clever little flock of blue jays... I think they're trying to pick out insects from under tree bark like woodpeckers? The gray squirrel, ... the large rabbit... And then there are your own animals... But I read that they worry you at times. They're kind of like our kids, but when they get old, they're a little bit like our parents. We worry about them because they are sick and can't eat everything and need medication and medical check-ups. Growing old is not for cowards, even though animals grow old...
    I hope your nasal septum problem gets better soon. As for your dental problem, I once saw an oral surgeon who pryed open parts of my inflamed jaw. The anesthetic didn't work because of the pus and the pain was compounded by the noise and the fear of suffocating and the blood splattering around with splinters of bone. Was a really traumatic experience. So I believe you that your dentist experience was not nice.
    The foaming tree looks extremely interesting!
    I hope you are feeling better soon and the weather is getting nicer, too!
    Happy weekend and all the best to you and your animals!
    Hugs, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/02/italien-reisebericht-ein-tag-in-florenz.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your photos are gorgeous and thanks for the info about the foaming tree.
    I do hope and pray things get better for all in your house. Sometimes, we just have to ride out things as we search to get better.

    Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Health problems for man and beast. Sorry to hear. Get well soon all....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wishing you health and cheer Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Yvonne,:=) I just came over again to say I hope you are feeling less pain and feeling more rested from your break. I do hope so.:=)
    Hugs to you from Portugal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...