Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Just Another Ordinary Day



 

It looks as if it’s just another ordinary day, you know…one of those days in winter when all one sees is blah, blah, blah.  She feels as if she's stuck in a perpetual cycle of what will really work as opposed to what will really not work.  It just goes on and on and on.

She's having one of those plenteous days when she laments the damage lovely drops of water willingly create on the backside of her yard.  Walking the back footpath after a hellacious thunder storm, storms that have increased in severity these past few years, it’s quite clear the pathways left as mulch has been shoved aside or pushed forward into dams by escaping rain waters plowing through waterlogged clay soil garden beds.

They keep moving rocks and logs and mentally marking where added plants will trap the soil in their roots, but for now, it’s a little nightmare that keeps reappearing after each large thunderstorm.  She's beginning to think it will be the death of her.

She was…

A Master Gardener who abandoned the constraints of Master Gardening to be a self-made gardener of wild things,  

A good gardener scrambling her head with

maybe we should, 

perhaps we could, 

what if we try, 

oh crap, 

rewind…



With a plethora of hope that she would eventually get it all right for herself,

An artist working to connect her gardens with the rhythm of the earth, creating that subtle harmony of all things connected with each other, 

An eclectic soul tied to the bonds of nature...

She was indeed a best friend of earth.











Stay on track!
This post is meant to be a celebration of the lady of this blog,
not some fluffball at a cat show.
She's having a birthday, and doesn't want to celebrate it...so, we're celebrating it.  Shape up little twerps.  She's human...not cat.






Happy

    75 th

Birthday! 











She's seventy-five years old in seventy-five years.
I'm seventy-five years old in fourteen years, 
nine months, 
and 
three days.

What a scam!




She's like the walking dead.  No wonder this sounds like an eulogy..IT IS AN EULOGY




















Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday Little Old Cat Lady,

Happy Birthday to You!



Whoaaaaa...




Whoaaaaa...

Whoaaaaa!!!


Don't look at us!  We're just in the learning stages of being bad kitties.


You bunch of alley cats!
How disgusting!
  Crawl back into your trash cans...NOW!

*



HELP!
We need help salvaging this birthday post, purty pleezeee...



Hmmm... 

I say... 

This pathetic little post desperately needs a bit of class, but sadly for you I don't feel like sharing any of mine.    

I did find someone to scrummage through her computer's recycle bin, and he found photos of Miss Birthday Girl that are...well, I guess there's a reason they're in the recycle bin.  I played around with them to fix them up a bit.

Be warned.  She's had better days in her mind.




Blah, blah, blah...etc.





Just another ordinary day...





Dissolving into the Cosmos





My teeth are my best asset!  Who says everything has to be real.





How do I get this freaking cell phone off of selfie???





Dark is my favorite part of the day.








She says her jowls are stretching down to her shoulders, and her dark eye circles are taking over her cheeks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
She may have something there...                                                                          Poor human.  







Wow!  What a beautiful eyeful to take in.  Reminds me of my mother in so many ways, but I can't think of any of them at the moment.  It's been a pleasure dumpster diving the recycle bin of this wonderous blog to rescue lovely bits of photographic beauty.  The discards, kind of like me, that weren't quite perfect.

You did say there was a juicy rare steak in it for me, didn't you?  






Surviving in the Cracks


Hiding Place


So Soft on the Toesies


Greens and Browns


Muck!


After a Thunder Storm








What do you mean this stinks, butt sniffer!?!






Oh, Good Grief...


Next year we'll hire the dogs.





 BAD KITTY PRODUCTIONS

23 comments:

  1. It's wonderful what I saw! I smiled reading! Happy birthday, dear lady! I wish you health and peaceful days! ❤️
    The garden after the storm seems to be a scene from a post-apocalyptic movie.
    Thank you for this upbeat post!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you made me laugh. Sometimes in the dead of winter I do feel like I'm in a post-apocalyptic movie when I walk my back yard.

      Delete
  2. ...I went down highway 75 last year. Make your day special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Even if you did have to suffer the indignity of a birthday post from THOSE CATS. They have no respect for anything but other cats and food. (Fun post, loved it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My cats give me a lot of ideas when I write. I wouldn't be without them.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to you! Your cats do have a jolly sense of humour! (Were you able to try the churo for their meds? How did it work for you?) I had big smiles all the way through at the clever text and wonderful illustrations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love hearing from you. Thank you for the greeting, and I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I'm using the churu for Lacey's thyroid medication of 1/4 tablet twice a day. She licks the plate clean. I've been able to make one tube last 3 medications.

      Delete
    2. Lizzie gets her 1/2 pill down with a half-tube and I swear, she'd take the whole bottle if I kept giving her the Churu. Amazon has good prices on it if you think this will be a lifelong thing.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Yvonne. You made a brilliant post in which to celebrate your day. I'm not a fan of cats but I love animals if that makes sense. Your cat pictures made me smile and see to the creatures in a different light if only they weren't so destructive when they are let loose in urban and countryside. Enjoy the rest of your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, but we did bring them into our country, so I guess we are reaping the consequences of our actions. Mine stay indoors, but I do have problems with neighborhood cats that do not stay indoors. Thank you for the birthday greeting.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday! Have a reat weekend ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, and Happy Birthday Yvonne.:=) I thoroughly enjoyed your creative post, and your cat pictures. I hope you enjoy your birthday day.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday to you, sweet Yvonne.

    I had such a great time reading your delightful post and enjoying your cat photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday to you, Yvonne. We have our share of rainy days and thunderstorms. Very entertaining post. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday. I hope you had a great day. The cats are delightful! Stay safe, enjoy your weekend ahead, and thank you for stopping by my blog this week and for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cats so I really enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Yvonne,
    Happy belated birthday! I enjoyed all the cute captions and kitties, they were nice to help you celebrate your 75th. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bad kitty productions...oh I love it! Happy Birthday sweet lady! Enjoy your day! You look marvelous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! Loved the kitties and the captions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello ♡
    Amazing post, I smile all the time when I read it :) Happy birthday! Best wishes!
    Regards nice and warm from Poland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the cat that has such cool ways to communicate with its big eyes.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Yvonne,
    your garden was really badly affected. I hope you can swim or at least have a boat! Oh, but eventually everything will dry up again, I think. Above all, Master Gardeners need patience. Waiting for sunshine, waiting for rain, waiting for growth, waiting for... another gardener to do the work for you...
    The cats have made nice cat music for you and spiced up your photos from the recycle bin - if you want, I'll sing a birthday song for you, too. But I know you don't want that. It's better for your health if I don't sing, because I sing terribly. (I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher when I was a young girl, but I failed the entrance exam - I failed the singing. There you have it.) So, quietly, I wish you all the best in your 75 - and as much health as possible. .. You know, humor is when you still laugh - and you continue to have humor, even if life is sometimes not easy...
    All the best and have a nice Sunday!
    Please pet your animals for me!
    Hugs, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/03/zeit-fur-ein-rückblick-auf-den.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...