Saturday, May 28, 2022

Little Bits and Pieces of any Day

 









Corinne Clematis blossom with her fuzzy underside.








Dug from old ghost towns in Nevada, and packed uncleaned in wooden crates.
A quarter each in backroom of Reno antique shop, 
if we scrummaged through the boxes ourselves.
A lovely reminder of my antiquing days with my mom
when I was in my thirties.









Goldenrod Soldier Beetle (Chauliognathus pensylvanicus)
with wings unfolding for flight,
and 
Winterthur Viburnum buds opening.








Dog walking at the lake formed by Percy Priest Dam








Itea virginica Saturnalia
Female Carpenter Bee
*
A pair of these gentle giants can be a bit intimidating
when they are protecting the larvae in their chewed out holes.
We accept them and put out leaning 4 x 4's of cedar
which they use after several years of drying out.







Lost the name of this Viticella clematis.









Winterberry, Ilex verticillata
with
Little Black Ant
Honey Bee
and
friend









Clematis viorna








Sweet Austin
and 
Zebra Jumping Spider, Salticus scenicus (an European import)







Bottlebrush Grass, Elymus hystrix
Top facing northwest - Bottom facing south
Cool season grass, meaning it grows in spring and fall.
In garden, most of the spring grass will dry and disappear by mid summer.  
The fall growing grass will dry with some disappearing, 
and some standing dry during the winter months.
*
Some years it fills most of the flower beds, some years not.
This year it is plentiful.
I love this woodland rye grass.






Clematis 'Venosa Violacea' (Viticella Group)





Life has a way of wearing me down into tears lately, so this is all I have to offer.  Until next time...






This Post Is Linked To:

13 comments:

  1. Hello, Yvonne
    What a lovely post. Clematis is one of my favorite plants, the blooms are beautiful. I wish I could say I can id all the flowers and insects. Great captures of the insects. The dog must enjoy walking by the lake, I love the sweet shot of Austin. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...my clematis are doing well, but the flowers are still a ways off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces of everyday life. I really like the photos.
    The flower caught in the spider's web is very interesting - like a silk thread pendant.
    I wish you serene days! I wish your tears were only for joy.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bees! Take care of yourself and I hope life treats you better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my comment was lost! I said I love your close ups of the flowers and bees and bugs. I've shed tears these past few days too. I hope you are OK...we probably need a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful collection of bottles, dearest Yvonne, and an eye for all the little details in life/nature/garden... Your Austin is really very sweet <3 You wrote "Life has a way of wearing me down into tears lately, so this is all I have to offer." - I hope the tears have dried by now, I wish you sunshine and send you a smile!
    Have a wonderful new week and a good start into June!
    Hugs, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/05/italien-reisebericht-cortona-mit.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about being worn down to tears. Life sometimes hits us that way, doesn't it? But despite that, you have offered us up some beautiful images. I love the bottle especially and those glorious flowers. My gardening skills aren't great and being laid up has pushed them back further, so it's especially nice seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful photos certainly make me feel very peaceful. I specially love the white clematis and your kitty photos. The world has been a very grim place lately, I hope you are all right. Wishing you a happier June. Take care.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous variety of photos! The flowers are always exciting to me and the views at the dam are really gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful collection of photos! I love the variety that you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many types of clematis and they are all beautiful. There are time of tears but there are also times of joy. Behind every cloud there is a silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post, Yvonne.

    Your close-ups of the flowers and bugs are incredible!

    ((hugs and blessings))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome collection of clicks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...